Поиск:

Вернуться   Форум > Мир наших увлечений > Полиглот > Английский Язык

Ответ

Опции темы
Старый 29.10.2005, 09:00 Вверх     #131
*LEO*

Был(а) у нас: 02.03.2012 20:41

Vit0, Don't you worry, we'll get to a street language too. First it started as a single topic, afterwards it was devided in two, by different levels. That's why I didn't want to make it hard on the begginers with all those "gonna" "watcha" and such.

Now we have another topic for begginers, so I guess here we could make all sorts of stuff. Even those, which I find very difficult indeed. And a street slanguage too.

But, honestly, you're the one who'll have to use it. My street language is not too good.

You know, I read now "Lord of the Rings" by J.R.R. Tolkien. And he's the last person you can imagine to use this kind of language. ( He was a professor of English Literature and Ancient English in Harward University). On the contrary, he uses very high English. And I, of course, am under his influence theese days...
I've learned so much from his book! Lots of new words and manners of speech! I couldn't imagine how beautiful english can be when a professional handles it...
And you all can be sure, that I'll write about it on this topic too... And - yes, it's a threat...

Работай, как будто тебе не надо денег;
Люби, как будто тебе никто никогда не делал больно;
Танцуй, как будто никто не смотрит;
Живи, как будто на земле рай.

Последний раз редактировалось *LEO*; 29.10.2005 в 09:17..
*LEO* вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 29.10.2005, 09:08 Вверх     #132
Vit0
Красавчик форума

Был(а) у нас: 01.11.2011 07:05

butterfly, who said if I like to talk a street one, I'm beginner?
You know, it's like more friendly to me, when I was in american society I talked only English for two months and I feel the language, I can talk - that's what people afraid of.

Кто ищет, тот найдёт. Кто не ищет, того найдут.. (с)
Vit0 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 29.10.2005, 09:15 Вверх     #133
*LEO*

Vit0, You missunderstood me
I ment, that I'm not good in street language. But you - are.
So you should bring that subject to a topic, not me

And I was afraid to add something strange to a begginer, before we devided into two topics - for begginers and for those, who know english enough for talking to each other.

You should read more carefully

Старый 29.10.2005, 22:17 Вверх     #134
Vit0
Красавчик форума

Был(а) у нас: 01.11.2011 07:05

butterfly, Well, maybe I should
So, now you're going to create and change things, aren't you?

Кто ищет, тот найдёт. Кто не ищет, того найдут.. (с)
Vit0 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 30.10.2005, 04:09 Вверх     #135
name777
Друг

Был(а) у нас: 08.11.2017 14:39

Thumbs up

That's a good idea to pick up language from friends. No, really, I'm not being sarcastic, that's what really works. My only wish is that we won't get stuck in JRR's, Shakespear's and Byron's English - those are dead languages. Nowadays English is somewhat flexible and very dynamic thanks to youngsters and immigrants. So please forget "shall" verb in its original form, you can never hear it, unless you're in British high society or legal evironment "Should" rules!!

name777 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 30.10.2005, 04:47 Вверх     #136
HappyW
Лучший Друг Форума

Был(а) у нас: 04.11.2010 10:37

Цитата:
The next day, my wife asked what time I got home, and I replied, "Midnight, just like I said." She said that was good, and for some reason she said we needed a new cuckoo clock.

When I asked why, she answered, "Last night when it cuckooed midnight, it cuckooed three times, said 'Shit!,' cuckooed four more times, farted, cuckooed three times, cleared its throat, cuckooed two more times and then started giggling."
Ha-ha-ha!
------------------------------------------------------------------
или по английски смех обозначается в тексте не так?

Счастье здесь

[Friends-Forum.com]HappyW(rus)(MorphXT)
HappyW вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 30.10.2005, 08:57 Вверх     #137
*LEO*

Talking

Цитата:
Сообщение от Vit0
butterfly, So, now you're going to create and change things, aren't you?
As always!..

Цитата:
Сообщение от name777
My only wish is that we won't get stuck in JRR's, Shakespear's and Byron's English - those are dead languages. Nowadays English is somewhat flexible and very dynamic thanks to youngsters and immigrants. So please forget "shall" verb in its original form, you can never hear it, unless you're in British high society or legal evironment "Should" rules!!
I respect your opinion, and understand it fully.
Now you'll have to understand me...

I don't think that "youngsters and immigrants" invented english. I also don't think they spoiled it - they've just created a bit new language, an easier one. And that's good.
They're both good. And a smart person (in my opinion) should use both types of language, depending on situation he's in.

For example, in my job I talk to regular people in England and all over the world, not to lord Byron. If they hear a good, beautiful english - don't you think they will be more impressed? After all, I represent the agency I work in, and he's our client... Or should I say to him: "Yo, man! Wassup?! Chillin'?.."

So, you'll never see here realy high english, (well, maybe only from me once in a while)... And I'll also try to avoid it.
But you just can't take away the word "shall" from me,I love it!..

I'm weard, ok?
Does it bother you?

Старый 30.10.2005, 12:06 Вверх     #138
Lala
Белокурый НеАнгел

Был(а) у нас: 27.06.2011 13:26

butterfly, (just imagined a man in a tuxedo: "Yo, man! Wassup?! Chillin'?.." )... I agree with you, hon. It is very important to be flexible in your language. I'm an interpreter in an engineering company, use English everyday at work and at home with my boyfriend (he has a weird Norwegian dialect, I almost don't understand his Norwegian at all, so we have to speak English...kinda...lol ). BUT! My English at work and at home is not identical at all. My bosses would be very surprised if they knew what words I used

DramaMama
Lala вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 30.10.2005, 13:24 Вверх     #139
laliuzzs
Близкий Знакомый

Был(а) у нас: 04.03.2010 06:37

In any language, whether English or Russian etc, there is "high" language, "common" language and slang.
One, having knowledge of a higher language, can always come one step down and speak/understand lower version: common or slang. While if one knows only slang, he will never be able to understand a "high" language.
Thus, studying should always start with the highest standard possible.
laliuzzs вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 30.10.2005, 13:38 Вверх     #140
Mariukas
Лесник Форума

Был(а) у нас: 14.02.2013 17:43

Цитата:
Сообщение от Lala
butterfly, (just imagined a man in a tuxedo: "Yo, man! Wassup?! Chillin'?.." )... I agree with you, hon. It is very important to be flexible in your language. I'm an interpreter in an engineering company, use English everyday at work and at home with my boyfriend (he has a weird Norwegian dialect, I almost don't understand his Norwegian at all, so we have to speak English...kinda...lol ). BUT! My English at work and at home is not identical at all. My bosses would be very surprised if they knew what words I used
Let me understand! As I know, You have not any problems with the Norwegian,right?
So why he didn't speaking "legal" Norwegian in order to let You understnad him?

Mariukas вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Ответ

Метки
100, 123, 1997, 2003, автор, вашего, время, age, говорить, анекдоты, alternative, amazing, будущее, ape, где, backup, classic, discovery, родители, русский, рыба, dvd, dvdrip, ребенка, игра, личность, когда, emma, любить, flash, folk, green, мат, мать, правильно, мира, письма, ночь, ночью, отдых, ошибки, korea, line, manual, media, mp3, music, national geographic, скунс, собака, солнце, смотреть, смех, уроки, треугольник, хлеб, хуже, open, other worlds, тебе, pas, pda, piano, player, progressive, punk, remastered, sci-fi, secret, security, sex, stone, straight, the truth, video, если, дома, дьявола, дело, день, детский, что, человек, честно